Made with Green Banana Flour
(GMO Free, 100% Vegan, Cane Sugar Free, Palm Oil Free, Naturally Gluten Free)
Looking for a fast and super easy idea for a rich, decadent special occasion Cake?? Look no further…we got you.
Mmmm imagine a warm, gorgeous, chocolaty cake with creamy vanilla ice cream and best of all…spending more time with family and friends and less time in the kitchen baking.
Let’s stop imagining and start baking!
This recipe gives you the choice to bake one big cake or 12 medium mud cake muffins (for those whose hearts ache like mine when cutting into your beautiful cake you’ve spent hours on decorating ;)). Either way, trust me you’re just gonna want to indulge into this mud cake. With sweet macadamia nuts and dark chocolate pieces included for you to decorate it just as you like.
You will ONLY need:
- 1 x 490g Green Banana Mud Cake box (@Ambassador Foods Factory'shop)
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- ¼ cup Oil
How amazing is that! No need to waste precious time shopping for all the ingredients. Okay before I lose track…
Follow these 8 easy steps:
- Preheat oven to 180ᵒ
- Add the 2 cups of water (luke warm will be the best) and ¼ cup of oil. Yip nothing else, only these two ingredients.
- Mix well with a spoon or hand whisk. You will see, it mixes quite easy, no need to take your arms for a gym session.
- For you to take a break and enjoy a sip of your favourite wine while we wait 10 minutes for the batter to rest. After 10 minutes of sipping wine add ¾ of the chocolate pieces.
- Now it’s time to decide…will it be one impressive mud cake or 12 fancy mud cake muffins? Remember to lightly spray/grease your tin. For a cake pour the batter in a medium size cake tin. For muffins pour the batter into a muffin pan. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Sprinkle the nuts and the rest of chocolate pieces on top. (See step 7 for other decorating ideas).
- Bake at 180ᵒC for 45-50 minutes (for cake) OR bake at 180ᵒC for 30-35 minutes (for muffins). Make sure it’s baked through. Insert a toothpick or metal cake tester into the center of the cake / muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Now for the fun part…decorating! Hang in there, I know it’s not easy to not take a bite. You can add the nuts now if you like it raw and not roasted, add some festive colour by adding fresh berries or make an easy ganache (for the chocoholics) with the chocolate pieces, it’s all up to you.
Easy Ganache recipe:
You can use a 1:1 ratio of coconut (or almond) milk and finely chopped chocolate. Heat the milk in a pot until just before it boils, pour over the chocolate pieces and stir till the pieces are melted and the mixture is smooth. At this point it is perfect for a pourable glaze.
- It’s all about serving it fresh and warm. Have some cream and ice cream on the table for your guests to add to their liking.