TEA TIME SCONES
made with our green banana scone pre-mix
(GMO Free, 100% Vegan, Cane Sugar Free, Palm Oil Free, Naturally Gluten Free)
Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked scones lingering around during tea time…Especially during the festive season. These scones are so good! For Christmas or any other time of the year…
Wanna hear the great news?!…this recipe allows you to choose between baking yummy scones or 1 beautiful loaf of bread, which ever you feel like.
Keep your guests smiling by serving sweet and savoury toppings. Jam and cream, or jam and grated cheese and one of my ultimate favourites…Bovril and grated cheese (you can even add powdered biltong too), just give it a try. Dust of your grandma’s butter dish cause scones (and Freshly baked bread) aren’t proper scones without a decent layer of butter. Make sure it’s on the festive dining table.
Put on your favourite Christmas songs, roll up your sleeves…now we’re ready to start baking and filling the house with that amazing smell!
For 8 medium scones OR 1 bread loaf you’ll need:
- 1 x 450g Green Banana Scone pre-mix (@Ambassador Foods Factory’Shop)
- 1 ⅓ cups (335ml) Water
- 4 Tbsp. Oil
Just a few easy steps to success:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ᵒ Lightly grease / spray your medium size bread tin or scone tray.
- Add the dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Add the cups of water (luke warm will be best) and the oil. Now you’re asking ‘is that all?”…so easy right!
- Mix well with a spoon. Be careful not to over-mix. Yeah, sorry no gym sesh for your arms today.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes. In the mean time you can start laying the table and preparing the tea and toppings.
- If not yet, it is Decision time!…Place dough in a medium sized bread tin OR spoon out the dough into a medium scone tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 180ᵒC or until golden brown. Insert a toothpick or metal cake tester into the center of the bread / scone. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
- It’s time to call the guests…if not been present the whole time cause of the lovely smell coming out of the kitchen. It’s time to sit down and add some toppings! Best served fresh and warm out of the oven.
3…2…1…Devour! Don’t forget about your tea ;)